Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2011...New Year, New Me

First of all, HAPPY NEW YEAR! Every year for the past 2 or 3 years, I say I'm going to start a blog. In 2008, I started a beauty blog that lasted a few months and maybe 4 posts or so and then I burned out. I just ran out of topics, got lazy, etc. Last year, I decided I'd go a different route and start a personal blog. I got with my friend who does graphic design on the side, he helped me get the image on my blog all set up and what did I do? Nothing. It's been sitting there, taking up internet space until now. I honestly have no idea what I'm going to write about yet but I have a couple of random ideas. We'll see what takes. I hope I don't bore anyone to death.

My 2011 has started off pretty strong so far. I'm feeling very inspired lately to sort of revamp my life. This includes: my money situation, my apartment/storage unit, my weight, and my overall well being. I took off the first two days of the year to get a jump start. I started by rearranging my apartment, taking a TON of crap to Goodwill and getting my friend, Rod, to help me paint and do some minor upgrades to my apartment. So far, my bathroom has had a huge overhaul (new mirror, glass shelves and paint), I rearranged furniture so my apartment looks a little bigger and I'm able to use storage space that's been inaccessible since I've lived there. We went to Ikea and I bought a little desk that I put in my dining room and I'm turning that into my little workspace. Hopefully a lot of blogging will get done there! I already feel like a ton has been lifted off of me. I've had these ideas in my head forever and it's awesome to have finally put them into action. There are a few more things I'd like to get accomplished but those happen a little at a time as the money comes. The next HUGE project though is to clean out that big ass storage unit I have. There is a ton of un-needed crap in there and I've just been putting it off because it's such a massive thing. I would venture to guess that 80% of the junk in there is clothing I will never wear again. It's just a matter of spending my day (or two) going thru it all and hauling it off. If I can do that, I can also save a lot of money by getting a storage unit half the size of the one I have. This will play into my "getting my finances under control" goal too. Baby steps, people. Baby steps!

4 comments:

  1. Loves it, can't wait to hear what you have to say...

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck! i know you got a fancy iPhone, do you keep to do lists or a notepad for your great ideas???

    ReplyDelete
  3. @babynoname- I keep a running notepad in my fancy iPhone. ;) I need to get a little more serious though. I'm already slippin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bout time, who needs Facebook!! :)

    ReplyDelete